This post is a work in progress!
I spend a lot of time every day and week listening to podcasts while walking, working out, doing chores - basically anytime I have the chance. There’s way too many greatpodcasts out there and I wish I had even more time to listen, but I figured I would share which ones I do listen to and which are my favourites.
Meaning, I don’t miss a single episode, ever.
- Accidental Tech Podcast (ATP)
- The Talk Show with John Gruber
- For me the original Apple podcast I discovered and got me hooked for real.
- “The director’s commentary track for Daring Fireball. Long digressions on Apple, technology, design, movies, and more.”
- I listen to the Pro version of the show, well worth the 5 USD/month for the added content (usually pretty hilarious).
- I listen to the “+” version, same reason as above.
- Great 15 minute show
- “A new podcast from Ben Thompson and John Gruber. Two episodes per week, 15 minutes per episode. Not a minute less, not a minute more.”
Close to every episode
I listen to all these podcasts very frequently and probably hit 7-9 out of 10 episodes, but they are ones where if I fall behind for whatever reason, I may not necessarily worry about catching up.
- Apple News Today
- Note that it’s not “Apple news”, but rather actual world news, in a 5-15 minute format every day, produced by the Apple News team. Great host, even better topics and political leaning I am very much aligned with (“political” here just meaning not being alt-right fascists).
- “Join Shumita Basu every weekday morning as she guides you through some of the most fascinating stories in the news — and how the world’s best journalists are covering them.”
- I pay for and listen to “+” version, they have a bunch of perks (delivered a day early, ad-free, high-bitrate audio, etc) but for me it’s the extra content I pay for and really appreciate.
- “Each week, Federico and John discuss their favorite new apps, noteworthy updates, and app discoveries, dive into the stories and people behind the apps they love, and explore the social and cultural impact of apps and Apple’s App Store.”
- The Problem with Jon Stewart Podcast
- Reconcilably Differentiated
- Mac Power Users
- Relay FM Crossover
- MacStories Unplugged
- MacStories Unwind
- Today, Explained
- Apple News in Conversation
Podcasts that ended
Shows that are no longer releasing episodes but well worth listening back to, they haven’t gone old or anything.
- 20 Macs for 2020
- For All Mankind: The Official Podcast
- Foundation: The Official Podcast
- I love the TV show, but this podcast enhanced my viewing experience about threefold. Can’t recommend enough if you even somewhat enjoyed the TV show. Obviously this podcast will return for season 2, but currently on hiatus)
- The Line
- Run, Bambi, Run
- Parks and Recollection (it hasn’t officially ended but I haven’t seen a new episode in a long time. Great podcast though)
- Studio DN
- Rulle vagn-podden